Improving the health of Orange County residents by finding an accurate, early diagnosis to improve treatment prospects.
Brief History of West Coast Radiology Centers.
West Coast Radiology Centers (WCRC) was founded in 1988 in Santa Ana, California. The practice has established itself as a major provider of diagnostic imaging services and radiation therapy to the Orange County community. WCRC has grown to offer medical imaging services to the Orange County community in 11 conveniently located medical centers.
WCRC’S mission is to provide the highest quality diagnostic imaging and the best service to the Orange County community. Compassion for patients, strong working relationships with referring physicians and a positive work environment is the foundation of success at West Coast Radiology Centers. Capability. Convenience. Service.
As the field of radiology has advanced WCRC has always been committed to bringing the most advanced imaging capabilities to the Orange County community.
- In February 1999 WCRC was the first practice in Orange County to acquire two permanent MRI systems — a GE Signa 1.5 Tesla high field strength magnet and a Hitachi Airis II .3 Tesla open magnet.
- In March of 2001 WCRC acquired the new Marconi ultra fast, spiral CT scanner, allowing the center to perform even more advanced CT procedures.
- In June 2009 WCRC installed PET/CT to assist patients and referring physicians with their advanced medical imaging needs.
- In April 2013 WCRC began offering 3T MRI at its Santa Ana imaging center.
- In May 2013 West Coast Breast Centers installed 3D mammography (breast tomosynthesis) capabilities.
- In December 2013 the West Coast Breast Center of Laguna Hills became the first center in Orange County to offer low-dose 3D mammography (C-view).
The diverse cultural background of the West Coast Radiology Centers team allows individuals to personally connect with a radiologist or staff member. On-site assistance is available in Spanish, Farsi, Hindi, Hungarian, Urdu and Vietnamese, Hungarian, with additional translation services available. Our team is encouraged to be active within their communities, donating their time and resources to charitable causes.
West Coast Radiology Center employs more than 70 full time employees and 40 part-time employees. 50 percent of its work force matrix is technical. Technologists who have received advanced technical training in specialty areas of diagnostics including Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI), Computer Tomography, Mammography, Ultrasound, Fluoroscopy, Diagnostic Radiology, Nuclear Medicine and Radiation Dosimetry are recruited. The remainder of the matrix consists of registered nurses licensed by the state of California as well as other medical support staff, including administrative personnel.
Many medical practices talk about employing a team approach, but we really live it. Everyone is on the same page and our team works in a cohesive manner. We recognize no one individual has all the answers. Collectively, with our subspecialist physicians and our supporting group of personnel, we’re able to better address the wants and needs of our patients and referring physicians.